I was working on a different project, watching Chopped, when inspiration struck out of nowhere. Like, literally, my brain said, “Hey, I have an idea, write this down before you forget.” So I did!
It’s never written in any specific form and it’s always a mess, but inspiration just struck and I had to get it out before I forgot…because, let’s be honest, my memory is the worst! Anyway, I won’t bored you with anymore jabber when your probably just looking for the pattern.
- Approximately 850 Yards of Worsted (4) Weight Yarn
- J Hook
- Tapestry Needle
- V-Stitch: (DC, ch 1, DC)in indicated stitch
- Picot: Ch 3, Sl stitch into first chain
Ch 99 (or any multiple of 4+3)
- Row 1: DC in 3rd chain from hook and each ch across, turn. (97)
- Row 2: Ch 2 (does not count as a stitch here and throughout), DC in first stitch, (ch 1, skip next stitch, DC in next stitch)across, turn.
- Row 3: Ch 2, DC in first stitch, (skip next stitch, v-stitch in next stitch, skip next stitch, DC in next stitch)across, turn.
- Row 4: Ch 1, sc in first stitch, (3dc in center chain of V-stitch, skip next DC, sc in next DC)across, turn.
- Row 5: Ch 2, DC in first stitch, (ch 1, sc in center stitch of 3dc group, ch 1, DC in next sc)across, turn.
- Row 6: ch 2, DC in first stitch and in each stitch and chain space across, turn.
Repeat Rows 2-6 twelve times or until desired length.
- Round 1: Ch 1, sc in first and each stitch around putting 3sc in each corner, join.
- Round 2: Ch 1, hdc in first and each stitch aroun putting 3hdc in each corner, join.
- Round 3: Ch 1, sc in first stitch, ch 3, skip 1 stitch, (sc in next stitch, ch 3, skip one stitch)around, join.
- Round 4: Sl st into ch-3, ch 1, sc in same ch-3 space, ch 4, (sc in next ch-3 space, ch 4)around, join.
- Round 5: Sl st into ch-4, ch 1, sc in same ch-4 space, ch 1, (sc in next ch-4 space, ch 1)around, join.
- Round 6: Sl st into ch-1, sc in same ch-1 space, skip next sc and ch-1, (3tr, picot, 3tr)in next sc, skip ch-1 and sc, [sc in next ch-1 space, skip next sc and ch-1, (3tr, picot, 3tr)in next sc, skip ch-1 and sc]around, join.
The Unfortunately Necessary Fine Print:
These patterns are the sole property of Courtney Carter and Carter Designs. The patterns are not to be copied or resold in any capacity. These patterns are copyrighted by the publisher and designer. Reproduction of this pattern in any form is limited to the use of the purchaser. The patterns, written instructions, graphs, photographs, and figures pictures are intended for personal, NONCOMMERCIAL use and are protected by federal copyright law. The designer asks that you request permission if you intend to sell your finished item from your purchased pattern(s). Courtney Carter and Carter Designs asks that you please reference where you purchased the pattern to your customers on the item page if permission to sell is granted. Reference to use is http://www.crochetingcrazy.wordpress.com. Please respect the copyright on these patterns and do not sell or reproduce to give away without first obtaining permission from the publisher/designer. Your cooperation is always appreciated.