Another Christmas present down and enough to go that I don’t have an off the top of my head count! I’ve actually been working on a sweater for my grandmother, but, as you probably know, sweaters, especially adult ones, are time consuming! So, I needed a break once I got the body of it finished and decided to work on something quick, a scarf! I wasn’t finding anything that was really pulling me in on Ravelry, so, in true Crocheting Crazy style, I came up with my own pattern!
This scarf is easy and quick, only took me about two days to make which makes it perfect for that needed break from a large project or last minute gift! The yarn I used was Univeral Yarns Superwash Wool; I don’t remember the color name, but it has Rose in it. I’m not sure how I feel about 100% wool. It was the first time I’ve ever used 100% wool and don’t know why everyone raves about it because it feels slightly scratchy; maybe it’s the brand I got or maybe it’s just personal preference.
Romantic Nights Scarf
– Worsted (4) Weight Yarn (Universal Yarn Deluxe Worsted Superwash was used)
– I Hook
– Needle for weaving in ends
- Row 1: DC in 4th chain from hook and in each chain across, turn (30)
- Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as a stitch here and throughout), skip first 2 stitches, DC in next 3 stitches, DC in the second stitch you skipped, *skip next stitch, DC in next 3 stitches, DC in skipped stitch** Repeat from *to** across, DC in last stitch, turn.
- Row 3: Ch 3, skip 4 stitches, tr in next stitch, Ch 2, working in front of tr, work a tr in the second stitch you skipped (essentially, you’re working over your 4 stitch group from below), *skip 3 stitches, tr in next stitch, Ch 2, tr in first skipped stitch** Repeat from *to** across, DC in last stitch, turn.
- Row 4: Ch 3, Skipping first stitch, DC in each stitch across putting 2dc in each ch-2 space, turn. (30)
Repeat Rows 2-4 until your scarf measures 48-60″ or desired length.
- Round 1: Ch 1, Sc in each stitch around putting 3sc in each corner, join.
- Round 2: Working in BLO, Ch 1, Sc in each stitch around putting 3sc in each corner, join.
I hope I’ve helped make your gift list a little shorter!