- Worsted Weight Yarn (#4)
- G Hook
- Measuring Tape
The finished items will stretch about an inch, so to determine the size you’ll need, I supplied some basic measurement below:
- 0-3 Months, Approximately 13-15 Inches
- 3-6 Months, Approximately 15-17 Inches
- 6-12 Months, Approximately 17-19 Inches
- 1-3 Years, Approximately 18-20 Inches
- Child Size, Approximately 19-22 Inches
- Teenage Size, Approximately 21-23 Inches
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd Ch from hook, Ch 2, skip 2 chains, Sc in last Ch. Turn.
- Row 2: Chain 1, Sc in first stitch, Ch 2, Sc in next Sc, turn.
Repeat Row 2 until measurement in chart or desired length. Sl st ends together. Fasten off.
Weave in ends
Use Same Weight Yarn and Same Hook Size as Headband
- Round 1: Ch 10, join so first chain with a slip stitch to for a ring, Ch 3 (counts as a dc here and throughout), dc 23 more in center of ring, join with a sl st to third chain of beginning Ch-3.
- Round 2: Ch 1, Sc in same stitch as join, *ch 2, skip next dc, Sc in next dc, Ch 3, skip next dc, Sc in next dc,** Repeat from *to** around until last Ch 3, instead of chaining 3, Ch 1, join with a HDC to top of first Sc.
- Round 3: Ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1), 3 dc in same space, *sc in ch-2 space, [3dc, ch 1, 3dc] in ch-3 space,** Repeat from *to** around ending with 2dc in first Ch-3 space, join with a sl st to third chain of beginning ch-4.
- Round 4: Ch 1, *sc in Ch-1 space, Ch 4, skip next dc, Sc in next dc, Ch 5, skip next (dc, Sc, and dc), Sc in next dc, ch 4, Repeat from * around, join with a sl st.
Fasten off. Weave in ends.
Attach flowers to headband by attaching the first flower and then attaching the second flower slightly off center from the first! Accent with a button or a rhinestone in the center!!
The Unfortunately Necessary Fine Print:
These patterns are the sole property of Courtney Carter and Carter Designs. The patterns are not to be copied or resold in any capacity. These patterns are copyrighted by the publisher and designer. Reproduction of this pattern in any form is limited to the use of the purchaser. The patterns, written instructions, graphs, photographs, and figures pictures are intended for personal, NONCOMMERCIAL use and are protected by federal copyright law. The designer asks that you request permission if you intend to sell your finished item from your purchased pattern(s). Courtney Carter and Carter Designs asks that you please reference where you purchased the pattern to your customers on the item page if permission to sell is granted. Reference to use is http://www.crochetingcrazy.wordpress.com. Please respect the copyright on these patterns and do not sell or reproduce to give away without first obtaining permission from the publisher/designer. Your cooperation is always appreciated.