I’m not usually a fan of working with pieces and having to see them up later, but I made an exception. This pattern started with the yarn purchase; I had no idea what I was going to do with said yarn, but I couldn’t pass on it! It took several days taking pen to paper to get this design together and, like most ideas, my lightbulb went off in the middle of the night!
Seasons of Lavender Blanket
- Loops and Threads Colorwheel in 10 Colors
- H Hook
- Round 1: Ch 10, join with a sl st to form a ring, ch 3, 31dc in center of ring, join with a sl st to beginning ch-3. (32dc)
- Round 2: (Ch 7, skip 3 sts, sl st in next st)7 times, ch 3, tr in same stitch as beginning ch-7.
- Round 3: ch 3, 6dc in same stitch as beginning ch-3, 7dc in 4th chain of each ch-7 group around, join with a sl st to beginning ch-3.
- Round 4: Sl st in next stitch ch 6 (counts as a dc, ch-3), *skip 1 dc, (tr, ch 5, tr)in next stitch, ch 3, skip 1 dc, dc2tog, ch 3, skip 1 dc, sc in next st, ch 3, skip next stitch, dc2tog, ch 3,** repeat from *to** around, omitting last dc2tog, skip 1 dc, 1dc in next stitch, sl st into 3rd chain of beginning ch-6.
- Round 5: Ch 1, sc in first and each stitch around, putting 6 stitches in each ch-5 space and 3 stitches into each ch-3 space. (23 sc per side).
- With wrong sides placed together, sl stitch in the front loop of each square along entire joining edge.
- Round 1: Hdc in each stitch around putting 3 stitches in each corner, join with a sl st.
- Round 2: Ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1), dc in same stitch as beginning ch-4, *[skip 2 stitches, (dc, ch 1, dc)in next stitch]repeat along entire edge, (dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc)in corner stitch,** repeat from *to** around, join with a sl st to 3rd chain of beginning ch-4.
- Round 3: Sl st into ch-1 space, ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1), dc in same space as beginning ch-4, *(dc, ch 1, dc)in next ch-1 space, repeat along entire edge, (dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc)in corner space,** repeat from *to** around, join with a sl st to 3rd chain of beginning ch-4.
- Round 4: Sl st into ch-1 space, ch 3, (dc, ch 3, Sl st into 1st ch, 2dc)in same space, [*Sl stitch into next ch-1 space, (2dc, ch 3, Sl st into 1st ch, 2dc)in next ch-1 space,** repeat from *to** along edge, (2dc, ch 3, Sl st into 1st ch, dc, ch 3, Sl st into 1st ch, 2dc)in corner ch-1 space]repeat around, join with a Sl st to beginnin ch-3.
The Unfortunately Necessary Fine Print:
These patterns are the sole property of Courtney Carter and Carter Designs. The patterns are not to be copied or resold in any capacity. These patterns are copyrighted by the publisher and designer. Reproduction of this pattern in any form is limited to the use of the purchaser. The patterns, written instructions, graphs, photographs, and figures pictures are intended for personal, NONCOMMERCIAL use and are protected by federal copyright law. The designer asks that you request permission if you intend to sell your finished item from your purchased pattern(s). Courtney Carter and Carter Designs asks that you please reference where you purchased the pattern to your customers on the item page if permission to sell is granted. Reference to use is http://www.crochetingcrazy.wordpress.com. Please respect the copyright on these patterns and do not sell or reproduce to give away without first obtaining permission from the publisher/designer. Your cooperation is always appreciated.