I had absolutely zero idea as to what I was going to do with this yarn. I found it in an A.C. Moore while on vacation back home in NY and scooped it right up. It never had an intended purpose, I just got it while I had the chance…you know how it goes!
This blanket came to be strictly because I finished a project on the 13 hour drive home and it was the only yarn within arms reach! But I’m so glad it was and after 2 months being rotated between other projects and designs, it’s finally finished!
Skip To My Lou Blanket
- 4 Skeins Red Heart Super Saver Stripes
- 1 Skein Red Heart Soft
- H Hook
- Shell: [dc, (ch 2, dc)2 times]in indicated stitch.
- 2-Dc Cluster: dc2tog in same indicated Stitch.
Ch 122 (or any multiple of 6 +2)
- Row 1: Sc in second chain from hook, *skip 2 chains, shell in next chain, skip 2 chains, sc in next chain,** Repeat from *to** across, turn.
- Row 2: Ch 5 (counts as Dc, ch 2), Dc in same stitch as beginning ch-5, sc in 2nd Dc of shell stitch, *shell in next sc, sc in 2nd Dc in shell stitch,** Repeat from *to** until last sc, (Dc, ch 2, Dc)in last sc, turn.
- Row 3: Ch 1, sc in first stitch, *shell in next sc, sc in 2nd Dc of shell stitch** Repeat from *to** across, turn.
Repeat Rows 2 & 3 until you have 80 rows ending on a Row 2.
- Final Row: Ch 1, sc in first st, *ch 2, Dc in next sc stitch, ch 2, sc in 2nd Dc of shell stitch,** Repeat from *to** across.
Continue on to border or fasten off and join new color to same stitch as where you fastened off.
- Round 1: Ch 1, working down side, sc 121 stitches evenly, you should have put your last stitch in the corner, sc again in the corner stitch, *putting your first stitch in the same corner, sc 121 along next side, putting your last stitch in the corner, sc again in the corner stitch,** Repeat from *to** around, join.
- Round 2: Ch 2 (does not count as a stitch), *Dc in each stitch along side, (Dc, ch 1, Dc)in corner stitch,** Repeat from *to** around, join.
- Round 3: Ch 2 (does not counts as a stitch), Dc in first stitch, *(ch 2, skip 2 sts, Dc in next st)repeat along side to last Dc, ch 2, (Dc, ch 1, Dc)in corner space, ch 2, skip next stitch, Dc in next stitch,** Repeat from *to** around, omit last Dc on last Repeat, join.
- Round 4: Ch 1, sc in first st, sc in next 2 sts, *[ch 4, skip (Dc, ch-2, Dc), (2-Dc cluster, ch 5, 2-Dc cluster)in next ch-3 space, ch 4, skip (Dc, ch-2, Dc), 2dc in next ch-2 space, Dc in next st, 2dc in next ch-2 space,]8 times, ch 4, sc in corner ch-1 space, ch 4, 2dc in ch-2 space, Dc in next stitch, 2dc in ch-2 space,** Repeat from *to** around, omitting last 3 Dc in final Repeat, join.
The Unfortunately Necessary Fine Print:
These patterns are the sole property of Courtney Carter and Carter Designs. The patterns are not to be copied or resold in any capacity. These patterns are copyrighted by the publisher and designer. Reproduction of this pattern in any form is limited to the use of the purchaser. The patterns, written instructions, graphs, photographs, and figures pictures are intended for personal, NONCOMMERCIAL use and are protected by federal copyright law. The designer asks that you request permission if you intend to sell your finished item from your purchased pattern(s). Courtney Carter and Carter Designs asks that you please reference where you purchased the pattern to your customers on the item page if permission to sell is granted. Reference to use is http://www.crochetingcrazy.wordpress.com. Please respect the copyright on these patterns and do not sell or reproduce to give away without first obtaining permission from the publisher/designer. Your cooperation is always appreciated.
©Courtney Carter (CrochetingCrazy) 2012-2017