Yep, yep. As the name I’ve chosen for this hat states, this hat was supposed to be released on Valentine’s Day, but it was late…obviously! It’s a simple knit hat that uses 2 different colors for the heart chart. It’s perfect for beginners and experts alike. No frills, just a cute hat!
Belated Valentine’s Hat
- 3 Skeins of Lion Brand Heartland in 3 different colors (or any worsted weight yarn you like)
- US8 Circular Needles (US8 DPNs if not doing magic circle)
Gauge: 5 Stitches x 5.5 Rows = 1 Inch in St St
- Entire piece is worked in the round
- After ribbed edging, working knit stitch only
Sizes: Baby(Child, Teen, Adult)
- With your Main Color, CO 48(64, 80, 96), PM, join for working in the round.
- Work in K2, P2 around for 1(1, 1.5, 1.5)”
- K around for 3 rounds
- Follow chart working from bottom to top, right to left
- With your Main Color, continue working around until you have 4(4.5, 5, 5.5)” from CO edge.
- *K14, k2tog, Repeat from * around
- *K13, k2tog, Repeat from * around
- *K12, k2tog, Repeat from * around
Keep repeating in this manner until 6(8, 10, 12) stitches remain.
Cut your yarn leaving a long tail, weave through your remaining stitches and pull tight to close the top of your hat.
Weave in all ends.
Voila! Now you have a gorgeous hat to wear when it’s chilly out!
The Unfortunately Necessary Fine Print:
These patterns are the sole property of Courtney Carter and Carter Designs. The patterns are not to be copied or resold in any capacity. These patterns are copyrighted by the publisher and designer. Reproduction of this pattern in any form is limited to the use of the purchaser. The patterns, written instructions, graphs, photographs, and figures pictures are intended for personal, NONCOMMERCIAL use and are protected by federal copyright law. The designer asks that you request permission if you intend to sell your finished item from your purchasedpattern(s). Courtney Carter and Carter Designs asks that you please reference where you purchased the pattern to your customers on the item page if permission to sell is granted. Reference to use is http://www.crochetingcrazy.wordpress.com. Please respect the copyright on these patterns and do not sell or reproduce to give away without first obtaining permission from the publisher/designer. Your cooperation is always appreciated