I have finally finished a new pattern! I know it’s been a long while, but I’ve been doing some Halloween sewing and Christmas present knitting lately! That’s how this hat design came about; Christmas present making. I needed a hat for my uncle who is an avid hunter, but I didn’t want to do a deer or a buck, that’s too obvious, so I chose a moose instead!
This pattern isn’t for the beginner. I mean, you’e more than welcome to make it your first foray into colorwork, I just don’t want you to get overly frustrated!
Instead of working over the top of a color that needed to be carried, I took a tip from my knitting fairisle and carried my uncorked color along the back while “catching” it every few stitches as I didn’t really want the red showing through the white. But you can do it however you wish!
Anyway, I won’t keep blathering on!
Moose Scene Hat Pattern
- Loops and Threads Woolike (or any Fine weight yarn you like) in 2 colors
- E-3.50mm Hook
- This is a one size fits most pattern due to the number of stitches in the chart.
- MC = Main Color (white portion of chart)
- CC = Contrasting Color (black portion of chart)
With MC: Ch 7
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd chain from hook and each chain across, turn. (6 Sc)
- Row 2-120: Ch 1, Sc in each stitch across, turn. (6 Sc)
Join both ends together by slip stitching into the back loops. You now have your hat Band.
- Round 1: Rotate work 90* so your working along the long edge of your hat Band, Ch 1, Sc in the end of each row around, place beginning round marker (if you choose to), join with a sl st. (120 Sc)
- Round 2: Ch 1, Sc in each stitch around, join with a sl st. (120 Sc)
Work Chart 1:
- Round 5: Ch 1, Sc in each stitch around, join with a sl st. (120 Sc)
Work Chart 2:
- Round 44: Ch 1, *sc in 8 sts, sc2tog,** Repeat from * to ** around, join.
- Round 45: Ch 1, *sc in 7 sts, sc2tog,** Repeat from * to ** around, join.
- Round 46: Ch 1, *sc in 6 sts, sc2tog,** Repeat from * to ** around, join.
- Round 47: Ch 1, *sc in 5 sts, sc2tog,** Repeat from * to ** around, join.
- Round 48: Ch 1, *sc in 4 sts, sc2tog,** Repeat from * to ** around, join.
- Round 49: Ch 1, *sc in 3 sts, sc2tog,** Repeat from * to ** around, join.
- Round 50: Ch 1, *sc in 2 sts, sc2tog,** Repeat from * to ** around, join.
- Round 51: Ch 1, *sc2tog,** Repeat from * to ** around, join.
Finish off, weave you end though last 12 stitches and pull tight to close top of hat. Weave in ends!
That’s it! Your finished! Please share your completed design with me on my Facebook page or Instagram!
The Unfortunately Necessary Fine Print:
These patterns are the sole property of Courtney Carter and Carter Designs. The patterns are not to be copied or resold in any capacity. These patterns are copyrighted by the publisher and designer. Reproduction of this pattern in any form is limited to the use of the purchaser. The patterns, written instructions, graphs, photographs, and figures pictures are intended for personal, NONCOMMERCIAL use and are protected by federal copyright law. The designer asks that you request permission if you intend to sell your finished item from your purchasedpattern(s). Courtney Carter and Carter Designs asks that you please reference where you purchased the pattern to your customers on the item page if permission to sell is granted. Reference to use is http://www.crochetingcrazy.wordpress.com. Please respect the copyright on these patterns and do not sell or reproduce to give away without first obtaining permission from the publisher/designer. Your cooperation is always appreciated.